Knowledge is power!
· Hunger kills more people every year than AIDS, malaria or tuberculosis combined
· Stunted mental and physical growth in the first in the first 1000 days of life is mostly irreversible!
· 3.2 million children in South Africa suffer from household hunger
· One in eight people are hungry globally
· Hunger affects cognitive performance in children and adults due to the inability to focus and excessive absences due to illness
· Hunger is sometimes at the root of many behavior problems in children, they may feel ashamed and have trouble connecting with their peers
· Hunger affects the immune system meaning the body cannot properly defend the body against disease